Thursday 10 April 2014

Abraham... humanity... stupidity

Abraham...Reading an hour worth of Abraham and I am just amazed at the level of humanity he had. Humanity at this point is my diplomatice way of saying "stupid".  Twice he presented his wife as his sister, mainly because he was afraid to be killed. Yet when God told him to get up and go, he got up and go. When God told him to sacrifice his son, he did it. How I wish that for every act of obedience done, God could just remove an ounce of stupidity and blindness. Still the idea can be easily lost. What do I mean? God created us all perfectly and yet through our own eyes we fail to see the perfection that the other is. So here I am, although stupidity drives me up the wall, I am faced with my own stupidity. Granted it's not as stupid as the stupidity of others, still it's stupid. The grace is that in identifying the stupidity that I do, I am able to be present to the other. No expectations. Simply said "I am a sinner. I am a child of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment